Stand a chance of winning a 1 bedroom fully furnished apartment worth R1.2 million at The Blyde!
Ts and Cs apply.
Terms and Conditions
1.The promoter is Balwin Properties Limited (Registration no. 2003/028851/06) whose registered office is at 1 Townsend Avenue, Townsend Office Park, Bedfordview, Johannesburg (hereinafter referred to as the “Promoter”).
2.The Promoter has elected to give away one furnished apartment in The Blyde development measuring 59,7 (fifty nine comma sevent) square meters and valued at approximately R1,199,900 (one million one hundred and ninety-nine thousand nine hundred rand) to one person (“Prize”), on the terms and conditions set out below (“Competition”).
3.The Competition is open to residents of South Africa aged 18 years or over except:
4.Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Any person failing to comply with these Terms and Conditions will not be entitled to participate in the Competition or will be disqualified from the Competition.
5. There is no entry fee payable to the Promoter in order to enter the Competition.
6. Subject to paragraph 3 above, from 17 September 2018 up until 27 September 2018, any person may enter the Competition by following the instructions explained by Jacaranda FM radio station.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of an entrant’s date of birth by requesting a certified copy of their Identity Document and their proof of address.
8. In order to enter the Competition –
8.1. a person is required to SMS “Balwin” to 37942;
8.2. 18 entrants are then randomly selected by Jacaranda FM and contacted during the period of 17 September 2018 to 27 September 2018;
8.3. if you are called by Jacaranda FM, you must answer your telephonic device with the words: “I am viewing a Balwin Property”;
8.4. if you answer as contemplated in clause 8.2, then you will be 1 of 22 finalists that stand a chance to win the Prize;
8.5. if you do not answer your phone as contemplated in clause 8.2, then you will not be 1 of the 22 finalists that stand a chance to win the Prize.
9. Alternatively, a person may enter the Competition as follows –
9.1. Log on to the Jacaranda FM website (www.jacarandafm.com);
9.2. Locate the Scratch and Win banner and scratch for a Balwin lucky key;
9.3. You will be entered into a draw with other entrants;
9.4. only 4 finalists will be selected to join the 18 finalists who entered the Competition in the manner explained above at paragraph 8.
10. The Promoter will host an event at The Blyde development on 28 September 2018 or on such other date, time and place as the Promoter may determine in its sole discretion and the “keys” will be given by the Promoter to the 22 successful entrants on such day (the “Event”).
11. The person whose “key” unlocks the door of the Prize on the date of the Event, will be the ultimate winner of the Prize (“Winner”).
12. All 21 participants whose “keys” could not unlock the door of the Prize will receive a television as a thank you from the Promoter for participating.
13. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
14. The closing date for entry will be 27 September 2018. After the closing date, no further entries to the Competition will be permitted.
15. The Prize will be as stated above and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
16. The Prize is not transferable, is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
17. To the maximum extent permitted in law, the Promoter excludes liability for any defects in the Prize.
18. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize with another Prize of equivalent value or specification without giving any further notice to you.
19. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, technical or other difficulties or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the details of the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate Prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Competition.
21. The Winner acknowledges that the Promoter will only be responsible for ensuring that the Prize is transferred into his/her name within a reasonable time after the closing date of the Competition.
22. The Winner further acknowledges that he/she will be solely responsible for rates, taxes, water, electricity and all other direct and indirect expenses associated with the Prize from the date of transfer of the Prize into his/her name and the Winner fully acknowledges that the Promoter shall not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by the Winner in respect of the Prize.
23. The Promoter will only cover levies payable by the Winner for 12 months from the date of registration of the Prize into the name of the Winner, thereafter the Winner is solely responsible.
24. The Winner will receive a 12 month complimentary DSTV trial package from Balwin subject to Multichoice’s Terms and Conditions.
25. The Promoter will notify the Winner as to when occupation of the Prize can be taken.
26. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition and Prize will be final and no correspondence with the Winner or any other person will be entered into.
27. To the maximum extent permitted in law, the Promoter and its directors, officers, managers, employees and agents, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, claim, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from their participation in this Competition or the use of any prize won thereunder (any such prizes being utilized at the own risk of any Winner thereof).
28. The Promoter undertakes to obtain the permission of the Winner to use his/her name and image in any marketing material prior to doing so. Further, any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013.
29. This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to any provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder.
30. Any provision of these Terms and Conditions or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.
31. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.